
I'm Lucy. I'm the third Hostetter kid, but only the second batch. So, I'm not sure if that makes me second or third. Third, obviously, but if you read all that crap out there about who you are in the order of the kids in your family, it puts me in kind of a strange place. The second kid is supposed to be easier because the parents aren't all freaked out about safety and what they're "supposed to do." That's been true so far. Or it could be because I'm so easy. The third kid gets left on their own - sort of to figure things out because the parents are so busy with the other two. And the other two are supposed to watch out for the third because they're older and more mature...right. That's all true, too, so far.
I'm Lucy Ann. "Lucy" after two great literary characters (thank you Clive and thank you Pete). "Ann" after my Gramma Carol (aka Bunga). I also share "Ann" with my cousin Sydney, and "Lucy" is the name of one of my great-great-grammas. I was born on February 28, 2010. Thank goodness it wasn't a leap year and I wasn't born a day later. I decided to come out a month early. Mom doesn't like to be pregnant for too long (apparently, she gets a little grumpy), so technically (according to "them"), I'm a premmie, too - just like Sam and Faye, so nobody's special in that department in our family.
I don't have a big dramatic birth story. Mom started contractions when she woke up in the morning, made breakfast for everybody, Dad took her to the hospital, they watched the last of the Winter Olympics, I came out around 5:45pm and we all watched the closing ceremony. Sam and Faye came to visit the next morning and the next day, we were all joined up as a happy family of five.
No comments:
Post a Comment